Foodbank and Covid-19
In order to keep both our volunteers and clients safe during the current COVID-19 crisis, we have had to make changes to how we operate. Thank you for your patience while we have been working out how best to continue getting food to those in need.
Instead of collecting a paper voucher from a referral agency, all vouchers will now be handled by phone and electronically to minimise contact and help keep us all safe.
- If you have had a voucher before, please contact your referral agency by phone or email, who will take your details and then contact us on your behalf.
- If you have never visited us before, you will need to contact a referral agency such as:
- doctors surgeries, health visitors
- housing associations or council housing needs team
If you can’t afford food, you can call 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm). You’ll confidentially talk to a trained Citizens Advice agent and, if needed, they’ll issue you with a food bank voucher.
Please note this number is for people who do not have enough money for food – if you are a local organisation or charity that works with people who might need the food bank, please contact us directly.
- A food parcel will be delivered to your home on either a Wednesday or Friday between 11am and 1pm.
- You will be contacted on the delivery day and should expect the delivery to arrive between 11am and 1pm..
- The volunteers delivering the food will leave the food by the front door, ring the door bell and wait at least 2m away from the door.
- When the door is answered, you will be asked to verbally confirm your name before the volunteers leave.
If you cannot contact an agency directly, you can contact us on 07884 106719.